FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEContact: Janet Fitch New Moon Productions
Guns, Grief & Grace in America
PEOPLE WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT GUN VIOLENCE
AND WE HAVE TOOLS TO GET STARTED!
Milwaukee, WI, April 24th 2012 – New Moon Productions is holding a press conference at Coffee Makes You Black Wednesday May 2, 2012 to launch the National Engagement Campaign of the Guns, Grief & Grace in America documentary project. The three Milwaukee-made films provide proven, replicable models of engagement that cross boundaries among urban, suburban and rural communities with the message that We are all in this together.
The ACHIEVABLE GOAL of the Guns, Grief & Grace in America National Campaign is to activate momentum and create synergy that reframes discussion and action on gun violence to a Public Health focus on prevention.
“It is time to do this and it is wonderful to launch our campaign from this vibrant, dynamic gathering spot in the heart of the city.” says director Janet Fitch.
Agenda: May 2, 2012
Coffee Makes You Black and All-Well Learning Lab – 2803 N. Teutonia Ave
Press Conference Participants
Milwaukee Activist Poets, Muhibb Dyer and Kwabena Nixon will speak and will introduce filmmaker, Janet Fitch, along with a diverse range of perspectives on Public Health Prevention of gun violence including:
- David Anderson: Project Staying Alive, Milwaukee Fire Dept.
- Anthony Caples, M. Div. Community Outreach Coordinator, Violence Prevention Initiative – Medical College of Wisconsin
- Paulina DeHaan: Regional Coordinator Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Milwaukee Health Dept Office of Violence Prevention Josh Knox, PA-C, M.A:. Clinical Assistant Professor Marquette University Physician Assistant Program
- Theresa Kopac: Director Indiegogo National Campaign Guns, Grief & Grace in
America documentary & community engagement project, New Moon Productions
- Camille Mortimore PhD: Executive Director, ALL-Well Learning
- Lab Barbara Notestein: Executive Director – Safe & Sound
- Ebony Pinkard – Manager, Coffee Makes You Black
- Carmen Pitre: Co Executive Dir., Sojourner Family Peace Center
- Kaija Zusevics, MPH, PhD, Adjunct Instructor at Carroll University and Program Coordinator at the Medical College of Wisconsin
Screening – Changing the Conversation: America’s Gun Violence Epidemic
followed by discussion